Tuesday, September 18, 2012

MAC Florida Cremeblend Blush Review, Photos and Swatches!

MAC Florida Cremeblend Blush

MAC Florida Cremeblend Blush ($20) is a bright, cool pink cream blush. Florida was originally released back in the beginning of 2010 with the MAC in Lillyland Collection and was re-released earlier this year in the MAC Shop MAC, Cook MAC Collection. I'm always game for anything that's hot pink, so when I saw this blush in a recent blog sale, I couldn't resist. It's a limited edition shade, so sadly it's no longer available.

With a sheer layer, it gives my cheeks a natural cool, dolly pink hue that looks soft and fresh. The color can be built very easily (as it's very pigmented) to a more vibrant pink if you like your blush to be prominent. I absolutely love this blush, and I know it's going to be one of my frequently used products.

In general, I like applying cream blush with a small duo-fiber stippling brush (I use a MAC 131 Brush, although many like to use a 188 Brush). You can use your fingers, but in my experience, a brush disturbs my foundation less. I sometimes like using my fingers and with no pressure at all, sweep my fingertips across the edges to diffuse the edges.


MAC Florida swatched on the back of my hand.

As always, cream blushes work great as a base for powder blush, so if notice that your power blush tends to disappear after a few hours, applying a very light layer of a similar colored cream blush on the cheeks and dusting a light coat of powder blush over top will give you much longer lasting cheek color. You can also layer a pink or peach highlight over top for fresh, glowing cheeks.

With a color like Florida, any pink - cool or warm would work well together.

I also love the way this color looks dabbed on my lips! It gives them a nice natural, vibrant pink stain. 




Comparisons from left to right: MAC Florida Cremeblend Blush, MAC Dollymix Blush, D&G Provocative Blush and Bobbi Brown Pale Pink Blush.

If you love pink cheeks, and you can get your hands on this blush through a blog sale, swap, discount site or outlet store, I'd highly recommend it! It has nothing but positive reviews on Makeupalley (view here).

*Fun fact: This blush was new prior to the photos, but literally after the first photo I took, the blush slipped out of my hands in slow motion (well, not really. It happened pretty quick, actually), falling face forward into the dirt Every molecule of dirt stuck to the surface, so I ended up scraping the heck out of the surface, which is why it's looking like it has seen better days.

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Pigmented - builds easily without looking patchy
  • Easy to blend - a stippling brush is my preferred application for a natural flush
  • Despite the brightness of the color in the pan, it looks very natural on the cheeks
  • Works great as a base for powder blush
  • Wears well throughout the day
  • Looks great on the lips as well
Cons:
  • None, this is quite possibly my favorite cool pink blush!
Price: $20, MAC. Florida is a Limited Edition shade and is not currently available on the MAC website. It's available on AllCosmeticsWholesale for $40, but I don't know if I'd pay that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment