Thursday, September 6, 2012

My secret weapon for silky, smooth skin - The Salux Cloth!


This review is going to be fairly brief, because it's just one of those things you can't really say much about. It's a cloth. It's awesome. If you don't already have silky smooth skin, you need it.

So, sometimes my boredom brings me to Makeupalley with my pen and paper in hand. I like browsing the highest rated products with a significant number of reviews and jotting them all down on my "to-try" list. With a 96% re-purchase rate based on over 300 reviews, I've had the Salux Cloth on my list for some time now.

Although I do have fairly sensitive skin, I also am very prone to in-growns and have mild Keratosis Pilaris (trapped hair follicles) on my arms and thighs. I love scrubs, I love exfoliation gloves - I love anything abrasive, because it helps pop those little suckers (the in-growns) and keep the underside of my forearms and knees looking smooth, rather than goose bumpy. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with any of the bath products I've been using.. that is, until the Salux Cloth!

Alright, I'm really not trying to beef up this little piece of cloth, but it has honestly changed the texture of my skin. I always use Amlactin on my body to help with in-growns and trapped hair follicles, but it was never really that effective until I combined the Salux Cloth and Amlactin. I've never felt my skin smoother.



The Salux Cloth is a fairly large piece of cloth, and your first instinct will probably be wondering what in the world you're going to do with it. I like to simply scrunch it up in my hand like a mesh bath sponge, wet it and squeeze my shower gel over it. The fabric doesn't really allow it to lather up too much, so rinsing it will only rinse the soap away, rather than creating lots of suds. I scrub my whole body, concentrating on the areas that are prone to trapped hair follicles (under forearms near my elbows, knees, etc).

It's completely tolerable for me, as I'm use to abrasive scrubs and sponges. It's made up of 60% Nylon and 40% Polyester. It's maybe a step up from your average exfoliating sponge (which is typically 100% Nylon), so if you use those already (esp. my self-tanning girls!) you'll do fine with these.

Getting my back is always a pain, but it's a cinch with this cloth. Just twist the cloth, so it's a long braid, holding one end from over your head, and the other hand behind your back, moving it in back-and-forth scrubbing motions.

After my shower when my skin is dry, I love applying a body lotion (Amlactin or Eucerin) and my skin feels amazing! Areas that were never smooth feel smooth.

I'm never going to use anything else than a Salux Cloth in the shower, and I have Makeupalley to yet again thank!

Click here to read reviews on Makeupalley.

I purchased mine from Joie of SaluxShop. You can order directly from the website or from her eBay account joie4444.

Beware: Apparently there are counterfeits that claim to be "salux" cloths, but are not, and don't work the same. It's insane that people would counterfeit something that only costs a few dollars. Make sure to purchase from a reputable seller - I recommend Joie.


The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Helps keep my Keratosis Pilaris to a minimum
  • Helps minimize in-grown hairs 
  • Exfoliates better than other bath sponges I've used
  • Washes back well, which is difficult with other sponges
  • Dries fast
  • Inexpensive
Cons:
  • Might be too harsh for daily use - I only use it on rough areas daily, lightly (minimal to no pressure) on most of my body and give my body a good scrub at least once a week. I usually have to go lightly on my neck and decollete because if I scrub too hard, I actually break blood vessels. Whoopsie.
  • You have to avoid the "fake" cloths 
Price: $5.98, Salux Shop. The price differs based on the retailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment