Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Current Skincare Routine.

It's been a while since I posted a skincare routine (since this past March) and for the past several months I've been following the same routine and it's been keeping my skin in good shape.

MY SKIN TYPE: My skin type year round is typically in the normal range, as I rarely suffer from dryness or excess oily skin. My skin is generally fairly clear with the exception of some minor, past blemish marks and light sun spots on my upper cheeks. My skin is also sensitive, and prone to break-outs. My breakouts usually occur on my lower cheeks.


CLEANSERS
(FACE) 
-Olay Pro-X Exfoliating Brush (previously mentioned here)
-Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
(EYES)
-100% Pure Jojoba Oil
-Baby Oil

BLEMISH CONTROL
-Stridex Maximum Strength Daily Care Acne Pads

EXFOLIATE
-Ellen Lange Peel Accelerator Pads (from the Express Retexturizing Peel Kit, reviewed here)

TREATMENTS/SERUMS
-Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum (previously reviewed here) OR Your Best Face Skincare Hydrate B Serum, which are both very similar.
-Clarins Vital Light Serum

MOISTURIZER
(NIGHT)
-Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester, DMAE Night Cream (previously reviewed here)
-100% Pure Argan Oil
(DAY)
-DDF Ultra-lite Moisturizing Dew (previously reviewed here)
(EYE AREA)
-Unrefined Shea Butter

VERY DRY SKIN
-Unrefined Shea Butter

CHAPPED LIPS
-Smith's Rosebud Salve

CONTINUE READING FOR MY ROUTINE!

AM:
(Cleanse) Cleanse my face using an Olay Pro-X Brush with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, rinse and pat dry.
(BHA/Blemish Control) Wipe a Stridex Pad all over my face; especially in areas prone to break-outs, let dry.
(Moisturizer) Apply a light moisturizer to my face such as DDF Ultra-lite Moisturizing Dew.

PM:
(Cleanse) Remove eye makeup with Jojoba Oil or Baby Oil and a cotton pad, wipe clean.
(Cleanse) Cleanse my face using an Olay Pro-X Brush with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, rinse and pat dry.
(AHA) (If my skin looks dull, or looks like it needs exfoliation, I will use an Ellen Lange Peel Accelerator Pad. If I use this, I will skip using a Stridex Pad, as I've read that using a BHA & AHA close together can cancel each other out. I'm not sure if it's true, but that's what I've been going by)
(BHA/Blemish Control) Wipe a Stridex Pad all over my face; especially in areas prone to break-outs, let dry.
(Serum/Treatment) Apply Hyaluronic Acid Serum all over my face to aid in hydration, let dry.
(Serum/Treatment) Apply Clarins Vital Light Serum all over my face to aid in evening out my complexion, let dry.
(Night Cream) Apply Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester, DMAE Night Cream, sometimes adding a drop of Argan Oil for added moisture and healing.

When I follow this routine, my skin looks it's best. It's hydrated, my complexion is even and radiant and I shouldn't have any breakouts (Unless it's hormonal). There are many instances where I will skip my routine from tiredness, and my skin ends up suffering the consequences with a scatter of blemishes. I always make sure to at least cleanse my face and use a Stridex Pad, if I'm not up to the rest, in order to avoid breakouts.

I love all of the products mentioned and I will continue using them until I find any better replacements. If you have any questions about any particular product mentioned, or have any recommendations, let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment