Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Everyday MAC (Neutral/Warm) Eyeshadow Palette with Swatches!

mac pro palette

Today I'm going to do a quick overview of what's in my My MAC "Everyday" eyeshadow palette. I recently popped the divider out of my MAC 15 Palette, so instead of casing fifteen shadows, it stores twenty-six eyeshadows. It doesn't look as neat, but it's so much more convenient for me to have everything I need in one palette. 

I use this palette almost every day as it contains everything I need to create a variety of looks. As you can tell, the palette only contains neutral and warm shades, because it's basically all I wear on daily basis. 

mac eyeshadow

First Row: Crystal Avalanche, Nylon, Patina, Corduroy, Sorcery, Tempting, Bronze
Second Row: Brule, Era, Cork, Handwritten, Satin Taupe, Woodwinked
Third Row: Retrospeck, Ricepaper, Soba, Espresso, Brun, Amber Lights, Typographic
Fourth Row: Malt, Grand Entrance, Club, Electra, Black Tied, Carbon

mac eyeshadow swatches
Swatches from left to right: Grand Entrance, Crystal Avalanche, Nylon, Ricepaper, Retrospeck, Brule, Malt, Era, Patina, Soba, Cork, Espresso, Club, Corduroy, Handwritten, Sorcery, Brun, Electra, Satin Taupe, Tempting, Woodwinked, Bronze, Black Tied, Carbon and Typographic. (Oops! I forgot to include Amber Lights.)


Shade descriptions (as listed on the MAC website) and finish:
Crystal Avalanche - White with reflects (veluxe pearl)
Nylon - Pale gold with icy shimmer (frost) 
Brule - Soft, creamy beige (satin)
Ricepaper - Peachy gold with shimmer (frost)
Retrospeck - Beached blonde (lustre)
Malt - Soft, pinkish-beige (matte)
Era - Soft, golden beige with shimmer (satin)
Grand Entrance (Limited Edition) - frosty neutral pink-beige (starflash)
Patina - Taupe brown with golden pearl (frost)
Soba - Gold brown with gold shimmer (satin)
Cork - Muted golden brown (satin)
Club - Red-brown with green pearl (satin)
Espresso - Medium golden brown (matte)
Brun - Muted blackish-brown (satin)
Corduroy - Muted reddish-brown (matte)
Handwritten - Rich chocolate brown (matte²)
Sorcery (Limited Edition) - Rich burgundy brown (satin)
Satin Taupe - Taupe with silver shimmer (frost)
Electra - Silver with icy shimmer (frost)
Woodwinked - Warm antique gold (veluxe pearl)
Tempting - Sinfully rich coco (lustre)
Bronze - Gold bronze with gold-bronze shimmer (frost)
Amber Lights - Peachy brown with shimmer (frost)
Typographic - Asphalt black (matte²)
Black Tied - Black with silver sparkle (velvet)
Carbon - Intense Black (matte)

mac eyeshadows
mac eyeshadows

Highlight shades: Nylon, Crystal Avalanche (I like to mix Nylon and Crystal Avalanche together for the inner corners of my eyes), Ricepaper, Grand Entrance, Retrospeck (I always use Retrospeck on my brow bone).  

Crease/Liner shades: Brun, Handwritten, Sorcery, Corduroy, Typographic, Black Tied, Carbon.(These are the deepest shades in my palette. I use all of these colors to deepen my crease in various eye looks, as well as line my lash line.)

Blending shades: Era, Soba, Patina, Brule (These are all soft brown shades, with the exception of Brule, that I use as blending colors to blend out harsh edges from my lid color in a variety of eye looks.)

Lid shades: Tempting, Bronze, Woodwinked, Amber Lights, Satin Taupe, Soba, Patina, Club, Era, etc. (All of the shades in this palette can be used all over the lid, but these are the shades I mostly use when I want to create a quick, one shade eye look.)

Eyebrow shades: Cork, Espresso and Brun. I usually use Espresso, but Cork is great when my hair is a bit lighter. I always use Brun to deepen if necessary.

Additional swatches:

mac neutral eyeshadow swatches

mac eyeshadow palette

MAC Eyeshadows (in the pot) retail for $15 each and can be purchased online, or at your local MAC counter/store. The MAC Pro Pan Eyeshadows are $11.50 each and can only be purchased online, or at MAC PRO stores. You can build your own custom 15-palette on the MAC website for $188.50.

Do you have an everyday palette? What are some of your favorite shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment