Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pink with Glitter Reverse French Nails of the Day.

Reverse French Manicure with Glitter

I've been wanting to try a reverse french manicure with glitter for a while now after seeing several photos on Pinterest, so I decided to give it a shot today. I've tried the regular reverse french and liked it a lot, but I thought adding glitter would be a fun twist since I love glitter tips in general. 

I used french manicure guides that I purchased from my local beauty supply store, but you can use tape if you'd like (just make sure to cut it so it's rounded) or garage sale stickers, reinforcement stickers, etc.

how to create reverse french manicure with glitter

It's that easy! You just have to be sure that your glitter is completely dry, otherwise the sticker can pull the glitter off. As an alternative to glitter polish, you can actually apply a clear coat of nail polish to the bottom portion of your nail, and spill some loose glitter on top. 

For the glitter, I used Maybelline Color Show Sequins Nail Polish in the shade Gold's Night Out with Milani Silver Jewel FX on top. 

The color on my nails is Essie Lion Around. I picked it up recently at my local TJ Maxx.

Reverse French Manicure with Glitter

Reverse French Manicure with Glitter

Reverse French Manicure with Glitter

Reverse Black French Manicure with Silver Glitter
(This was my inspiration photo, courtesy of Lyndar the Merciless.)

I think the result was really pretty and girly! 

What do you think? Have you tried this?

No comments:

Post a Comment