Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Essence #47 Prom Night Lipstick Review!


Essence Prom Night Lipstick

I've pretty much been on an Essence buying rampage lately. I know Essence is nothing new to ULTA, but they're constantly coming out with new products and colors. And, since they're such an affordable brand, you won't be breaking the bank, even with your hands full

Essence Lipstick is available in ten (10) fun colors: #40 Look at Me!, #41 Femme Fatale, #42 Fairytale, #43 Kiss you, #47 Prom Night, #48 Red Carpet, #49 Like a Lady, #50 Creamy Nude, #51 Fifth Avenue and #55 Coralize Me!

Since you can never have enough natural pink lipsticks, I knew that #47 Prom Night would be one of those shades you can throw on your lips daily, and it'll pretty much go with anything. And, at $2, how can you go wrong?

Prom Night is a bubble-gum pink that leans a bit on the cool (slightly purple) side and has a slight frosty finish. I'm not a fan of frost. It makes me think of the 90's when everyone was rocking white, silver and lilac frosty lipsticks (Yeah, I was 11 or 12 years old rocking it too.) This lipstick only has a subtle frost, so don't fear. For those of you that own Rimmel Pink Blush Lipstick, it's pretty similar.

Essence Prom Night Lipstick

READ MORE! (there's a picture of George & Me @ Prom.. haha!)


It's pretty sheer at first, but very buildable. For those of you with pigmented lips and don't want the redness peeking through, you may want to tone them down with a little concealer (or MAC Lip Erase) before applying.

For some reason, when I apply lip balm prior, the lipstick doesn't spread evenly. It actually applies better on dry lips. Due to the frost, it feels slightly gritty on the lips, but I think paired with a similar colored lipgloss over top, it looks great!

Still, not bad for the price!

Do you have any favorite Essence lipsticks?

What was I wearing on Prom Night???
I believe it was MAC Florabundance Lipglass, press-on nails and loads of self-tanner (eek!) I wore a tiara because prom fell on my 18th birthday. I had to keep telling everyone "No, I'm not the prom queen." haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment