Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Boost Mascara Review

 Essence Get Big! Volume Boost Volume Mascara


Essence Get Big! Volume Boost Volume Mascara is one of Essence's newest mascaras. It claims to provide "density and abundance with every application" that won't clump or feel heavy on your lashes. The large brush design is said to reach even the tiniest lashes.


I've tried a couple of Essence's mascaras in the past - Lash Mania Mascara (meh) and their Multi-Action Mascara, which I actually think is pretty good.

They are very inexpensive - I don't think any of them cost over $4. So it's not a big investment if you wanna test out a few of them, or if you're just plain pressed for cash and don't feel like spending a lot on a mascara.

One thing I'm not crazy about is that the mascaras aren't sealed - I'm not sure if it's how they are sold everywhere, but at ULTA, none of them are sealed, and I'm sure people are opening them all day long, thus drying them out. Regardless, for a couple of bucks, I'm willing to give them a try.

I was drawn to the Get Big! Lashes Mascara because of the big honkin' tube and large, fluffy brush. For whatever reason, I'm drawn to trying out mascaras with huge wands even though they are typically ridiculously inconvenient to apply.

  Essence Get Big! Volume Boost Volume Mascara (wearing three coats)

READ MORE!
In my experience, mascaras that are labeled as "volumizing" mascaras typically have wetter formulas. I was expecting the same for this mascara, but it isn't very wet. I'm not sure if that's due to the mascara not being properly sealed, or if that's just the way it is.

I was really pumped for this mascara, and thought it was going to give me super big, volumized, faux-effect lashes. After applying one coat, the mascara looked extremely natural.

Several coats later, a decent amount of volume is achievable, but I was expecting much better. This mascara builds volume without much clumping, and provides no lengthening whatsoever. I know it doesn't claim to lengthen, so I can't really complain.

The results are nice for a standard mascara, not really a voluminous one.

On a side note, it keeps my lashes curled all day, which is always a plus. It also keeps them somewhat soft - no crunch. Additionally, it doesn't flake or smudge.
 Essence Get Big! Volume Boost Volume Mascara

Left: Three coats of mascara, Right: No mascara.

Three coats of mascara (eyes closed)

Three coats of mascara (eyes opened)
Not too impressive, right?

So it's no YSL Faux Cils, but it's still not too bad for $2.99. For the record though, I won't be repurchasing this mascara. I'll be testing out my other options! ;)


 You can find Essence at your local ULTA store or online at ulta.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment