Monday, March 26, 2012

Illamasqua Promise Cream Blusher Review, Photos and Swatches!

illamasqua promise blush

Illamasqua Promise Cream Blusher

Illamasqua Promise Cream Blusher ($24) is described as a "petal pink". It's your average bubblegum cool-pink, that isn't overly cool, so it will definitely work on warm skintones as well as cool, without looking ashy and/or overly cool purple/blue. 

I use to stray away from wearing cool pinks because of my warm skin, but I've started really liking them on my skin when my skintone is a bit lighter. 

The consistency of Illamasqua Cream Blush is really nice. It's very thin and creamy and isn't at all heavy or sticky. It has a bit of a dewy finish, which you may or may not like. I think it looks quite fresh on the cheeks, and not greasy. For less shine, you can set the blush with a light dusting of powder.

The color is very pigmented and blends very easily. I've worn this blush several times and it never looks patchy or un-even on my cheeks. When used lightly with a stippling brush, it looks like cotton candy on my cheeks. It can be layered for a more intense, doll pink effect. 

illamasqua promise cream blush

illamasqua promise swatches

Here's a quick picture of the way it looks on my cheeks. My coloring in the photo is around MAC NC20-25 for reference. It's not the most flattering photo, but it looks really flattering in person. 
illamasqua promise swatch

The lasting power is pretty average for a cream blush. When I'm wearing a more dewy or creamy foundation, it sticks around for six hours or so with little fading. If I'm wearing a matte foundation, it prolongs the wear a couple of hours.

I really like this blush and I'd be interested in trying more colors in the future. I don't have many Illamasqua products, but I haven't been disappointed with any of the products I've tried so far.

Do you own any Illamasqua blushes? Do you have any favorites?

Price: $24, Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment