Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Revlon ColorSilk Hair Color in Dark Brown + A Few New Hair Products for Shiny Hair.

I know, probably doesn't look like much of a change, but my hair lately has been looking dull and lifeless. I figured it was time for a dye and picked up one that I've been using off and on for years - Revlon ColorSilk Hair Color in #30 Dark Brown.

The instructions are to leave it in your hair for 25 minutes, and I always make sure to leave it in for the exact time, and not a minute over, or I'll end up with almost black hair.

Revlon ColorSilk Hair Color is actually the least expensive hair dye you can find at the drugstore. It's only around $3 a box, and delivers just as well - if not better than the higher priced boxed dyes.

READ MORE!
The color is a very dark, rich brown. It can be somewhat drying, but I make sure to load on the conditioner to add some moisture back into my hair.


For added shine and silky smooth hair, I picked up two products that I'm loving already. Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil and Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Break Serum. I actually used both products together on my hair, and it didn't make my hair oily. They just made my hair super light, soft, silky and shiny! They also made my hair smell amazing. I would re-purchase the Moroccan Argan Oil for the scent alone.

I will report back with a review on both products as I continue using them. If you use either of these products, I'd love to hear your thoughts about them.
Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Break Serum & Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil


For my face, something really simple. I'm absolutely loving the eye combo of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze with MAC Satin Taupe over top. Really beautiful and extends the wear of both shadows. To soften the edge, I used MAC Era with a tapered blending blush. Then, I just added some black liner and mascara and that's it!

Face:
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation mixed with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation
Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer
Chanel Bronze Universel De Chanel Cream Bronzer
MAC Dollymix Blush
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Powder

Brows:
MAC Cork Eyeshadow
Anastasia of Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel

Eyes:
Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze
MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow
MAC Era Eyeshadow
YSL Black Cream Eyeliner
Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
Kiss #02 False Lashes (KPL02)

Lips:
Chanel Bagatelle Glossimer



Hope you all have a wonderful night! I'm off to make dinner. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment