Saturday, October 6, 2012

E.L.F. Studio HD Blushes Review, Photos and Swatches!

elf studio hd blushes

E.L.F. Studio HD Blushes

E.L.F. Studio HD Blushes ($3) are velvety soft cream blushes encased in a pump dispenser. The cream is lightweight, highly pigmented and long wearing.

E.L.F. Studio HD Blush is available in (5) shades: Headliner (natural pink), Superstar (coral), Diva (bright pink), Encore (vibrant rose) and Showstopper (plum raisin).

They look reminiscent of the Make Up Forever HD Blushes ($26), because they essentially have the same packaging and are both named "HD" blushes. They do share some other similarities in that they apply the same way, are both pigmented and long wearing, but the textures are slightly different. The E.L.F. Blush is almost like a creamy cheek stain. I actually find the E.L.F. Blushes easier to work with as the product itself isn't as concentrated as the MUFE Blushes, so it's a bit easier to blend out. They also don't set as quick as the MUFE blushes, so you have a little bit of time to work with them. They have a good amount of silicone in them (although it's not the first ingredient) so if you do well with silicone-based blushes, these blushes should be no exception.

Be warned that they are extremely pigmented. It took me a few tries at first because every time I tried, I applied too much product (which didn't seem like a lot at all). You literally only need a tiny dot for both cheeks. It's a little tricky - you have to be careful not to dispense too much product. I like applying a tiny dot of product on a clean surface, or the back of my hand (sometimes I sanitize the lid of one of my compacts and pump the product directly on the lid) and smooth it out with my fingers and then take a stippling brush and lightly tap the ends of the bristles into the product and then go cheek to cheek applying the blush in circular, buffing motions until blended. Some cream blushes are touchy and can only be stippled on, but these blushes don't deem to disrupt my foundation or make my cheeks look blotchy. I've also applied a dot on each cheek and used a stippling brush to blend with equally good results.

The finish on the skin is very natural, soft and matte.

elf studio hd blushes

elf studio hd blush swatches
Swatches from left to right: Headliner, Superstar, Diva, Encore and Showstopper. (please excuse my goosebumps... it was freezing today!)

These blushes also double as lip stains - I don't necessarily find them drying, but they are pretty dry, so applying a lip balm prior is a good idea. I love the way Showstopper looks on my lips. I've been wanting to purchase a berry lip shade for the Fall and I've had my eyes on MAC Rebel Lipstick, but I'm going to hold off for now. (I'll post a photo later)

I've tested them all on my cheeks, and I love them all. I've worn Headliner and Diva for a full day, and both colors held up all day. Impressive! I found Showstopper to be the most difficult shade to get to work on my cheeks because it's so pigmented and deep. I'm still going to play around with it though.

elf studio hd blushes

elf studio hd blushes

elf studio hd blushes

elf studio hd blushes

elf hd blush swatches
Swatches from left to right: Headliner, Superstar, Diva, Encore and Showstopper.

If you're planning on placing an order with E.L.F. any time soon, these blushes are a must-try! For the price, you really can't beat them! I'm crossing my fingers that they will release additional shades.

The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Very pigmented color
  • Easy to work with
  • Very soft and pretty on the cheeks
  • Long-lasting
  • Lightweight and sanitary packaging
  • Inexpensive
Cons:
  • Almost too pigmented? You have to be very careful not to apply too much.
  • The pump can dispense too much product if you aren't careful.
  • There aren't any "natural" shades other than Headliner.
Price: $3 each, E.L.FCurrently 50% off all Studio products with code: ECD2.

No comments:

Post a Comment