Saturday, July 14, 2012

L'Oreal Pink Cashmere Colour Caresse Lipstick Review!

L'Oreal Pink Cashmere Colour Caresse Lipstick

L'Oreal Colour Caresse Lipstick ($9.99) is a new spin on L'Oreal's popular Colour Riche Lipsticks. They deliver a pop of luminous color to the lips, with a smooth, lightweight, non-heavy or sticky feel and a shiny finish.

Pink Cashmere is a light-medium vibrant pink with a subtle glowy sheen.

The Colour Caresse formula is in some ways like Revlon Lip Butters - they are a lipstick/lip balm hybrid, applying to the lips smoothly like a lip balm, and providing a good amount of color like a lipstick. They are sheer upon the first swipe, but the color can easily be built. The pigmentation is comparable to the MAC Lustre Lipstick formula.


Pink Cashmere on my lips (it's a bit more vibrant in person)

Application is a breeze with the smooth, glossy formula, but I personally don't find them to be moisturizing. To be fair, I don't think I've ever discovered a moisturizing lipstick, but the Color Caresse formula seems to sit on top of my lips like a glossy film, without ever penetrating my lips (YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks do the same thing for me). If you don't have a problem with dry lips, you might find these moisturizing. They contain Jojoba Butter, which is really nice, but for my dry lips, applying a good lip balm before (or after) is needed with these.

There are many "weightless" claims for this lipstick, and I completely agree that it's a featherweight, comfortable formula.

The lasting power isn't the best, it diminishes after 1-2 hours, but leaves a light pink stain behind. Not really a big deal, as it's pretty expected with a lip balm type of lipstick.

It has reflective gold packaging, which is pretty cute and chic, but is a major trap for finger prints (as is any reflective packaging).

Lastly, I almost want to say these lipsticks are unscented, but they carry the slightest sweet, kind of fruity scent. It is so sublte that I really have to inhale the lipstick to know it exists. A big plus in my book because I'm not a fan of the standard scent of L'Oreal lipsticks.

Overall I like these lipsticks, and if I happen to run across a good sale, I'll be picking up a couple more shades. But if I had to choose Revlon Lip Butters or L'Oreal Colour Caresse, I'd have to go with Revlon Lip Butters because they feel a bit silkier on the lips.




The Round-Up

Pros:
  • Great pigmentation - in between a lipstick and lip balm
  • Glides on the lips with ease
  • Lightweight
  • Shiny finish
  • Leaves a light stain on the lips after the lipstick has worn off
  • No obnoxious scent - yay!
Cons:
  • Isn't particularly moisturizing on my lips (results will vary from person to person) and further dries out any dryness present on my lips.
  • Isn't long-lasting, fades after an hour or two.
Price: $9.99 at your local drugstore. I've spotted it for $7.98 at my local Wal-mart. Prices will vary based on location.

No comments:

Post a Comment