Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Spotted Maybelline Define-a-brow Eyebrow Pencil at Dollar Tree!

maybelline define a brow

I know the Maybelline Define-a-Brow has been a drugstore brow-filler favorite among many of us (including myself) and was shocked to see it on the rack at my local Dollar Tree today. There were at least twenty of them, all in the shade Dark Brown. Many have compared this pencil to the MAC Eye Brows retractable brow pencil - I agree!

Apparently Maybelline hasn't discontinued the product, but they discontinued the shade "Deep Brown", which confuses me because I'd assume it'd be a popular shade for dark brunettes.

I think they're trying to re-direct consumers to their newer brow product, the Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil, and won't be surprised if they get rid of Define-a-Brow all together. They aren't really comparable products, I like both, but Define-a-Brow has an advantage, as it's retractable (no sharpening) and the product has a small tip (for precise shaping of the brows). Maybelline Master Shape has to be sharpened frequently and due to the soft waxy texture of the pencil, you can't get a very sharp point.

I know stock of discontinued cosmetics will differ from location to location, but I just wanted to make sure you were all aware that you might be able to spot this pencil at Dollar Tree. It's regularly around $8, for only $1 at Dollar Tree - very well worth it!!

maybelline define a brow before and after
My eyebrow before and after it has been filled in with Maybelline Define-a-Brow in Dark Brown.
maybelline define-a-brow eyebrow pencil

maybelline define a brow dark brown

maybelline define a brow pencil

For additional reviews for this product, check out Makeupalley!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment