Wednesday, December 14, 2011

NOTD: Quite possibly the coolest holographic glitter polish, ever. (pic heavy)

 

I picked up this awesome glitter polish on Black Friday at Urban Outfitters. I've only been in Urban Outfitters a few times, and while waiting in a mega-long line to pay for my $10 awesome-deal top, I spotted this polish from about 10 feet away, dumbfounded that every girl in there wasn't fighting over getting a bottle.

The name of the polish is Afterhours, and it's a part of their house brand (Urban Outfitters Inc). It's a really difficult shade to describe, but it has a silver holographic fine glitter base with larger flecks of pink glitter. The mixture of the pink and silver glitter almost give off a pale purple appearance in the bottle. The holo is amazing. Some polishes have a weaker holo than others, but this one is really uniform and stands out really nice. I can't help but look at my nails every time I catch good lighting.

It's pretty opaque for a glitter, and I'm sure it would look great on it's own. I used it over a deep purple polish, and really liked the results.

  
CONTINUE READING FOR ADDITIONAL PHOTOS!


The purple polish is ULTA's Salon Formula Nail Lacquer in the shade: Love My Blackberry. I applied two coats, with no base coat.

After those two coats dried, I applied one coat of Afterhours. I didn't use a top coat for these photos, but I applied one coat of Seche Vite afterward.

I took a ton of photos because the glitter has so many colors when captured at different angles. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment