Monday, April 16, 2012

Avon Plumberry Shine Attract Lipstick Review, Photos and Swatches!

Avon Plumberry Shine Attract Lipstick

Call me crazy, but as soon as I twisted up this tube of Avon Shine Attract Lipstick, I wanted to take a bite out of it. Yep, that's right. I wanted to eat it. Doesn't it look like Jell-O? Or a Push-pop? The clear, surrounding layer is actually a stick gloss (for extra shiny lips), while the middle is the actual lip color.

Avon Shine Attract Lipstick is available in fifteen (15) shades: Shimmer Pink, Rose Pink, Mysterious Mauve, Plumberry, Cherry Pie, Guava, Nude Love, All Around Russet, Rose Bouquet, Fuchsia Flare, Wrapped in Raisin, Orchid, Passionate Red, Caressing Coral, Copper Connection.

I have it in the shade plumberry, which is a medium toned plum with fine shimmer.

Because of the clear layer of lipstick, the color is quite sheer with a shiny finish.


Upon application, the lipstick glides on the lips like a lip balm - similar to the Revlon Lip Butters. They feel super soft and moisturizing on the lips and the clear layer adds a nice amount of shine, making the lips look fuller and luscious.

I wish the shiny effect would last a little longer, though. I noticed that after about an hour or so, the color is still there but the shine is gone.

Because the color is only in the middle of the tube, application can be a bit un-even, but when you rub your lips together, it will even out the color.


Avon came up with a pretty cool concept, and the line overall has some really pretty colors, but I don't think I'd purchase additional shades because of the short lasting power. Also, I don't mind that the color is sheer, but I'm sure with some of the lighter shades, the color will be barely visible. I'd rather invest in more Revlon Lip Butters, ELF Conditioning Lip Balms (moisturizing, shiny and adequate color) or maybe give Loreal Colour Riche Balms a try.

Plumberry on my lips.

Price: $9, Avon.


No comments:

Post a Comment