Thursday, April 12, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters Review, Photos and Swatches!

revlon lip butters

Revlon Lip Butters

I'm so excited to finally review these lip butters for you all. After seeing them featured on just about every blog known to man, I figured you all would be bored of seeing them, and neglected purchasing any. But, after finally trying them, I'm totally head-first on the lip butter bandwagon. I want more - heck, I want them all.

Revlon Lip Butters are a hybrid of a creamy lip balm and a lipstick. They are super "buttery" smooth, pigmented, hydrating and pack lots of shine. Whats more to want? And you wonder why they have everyone going nuts. Plus, the packaging is pretty cute and they're affordable at around $6.

These Lip Butters are available in twenty (20) shades: Pink Truffle, Sugar Frosting, Raspberry Pie, Tutti Frutti, Brown Sugar, Peach Parfait, Candy Apple, Red Velvet, Cotton Candy, Berry Smoothie, Cupcake, Gumdrop, Creamsicle, Cherry Tart, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake, Sugar Plum, Sweet Tart, Creme Brulee and Fig Jam.

I own three - Strawberry Shortcake, a natural pink, Sweet Tart, a vibrant, watermelon pink and Red Velvet, a deep, vampy red.

Revlon Lip Butters from left to right: Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart and Red Velvet.

I absolutely love the formula of these lipsticks. They contain mango, coconut and shea butter (any product that contains shea butter rocks in my book) so they're slippery smooth, don't tug at the lips during application, and feel great on the lips.

I for one, have very dry lips, so I always have to apply a layer of lip balm before I apply my lipstick or my lips will be dried up and peely (not a good look). These actually keep my lips hydrated, which is very rare to find in any lipstick that has a good amount of pigment.


I also think the packaging is pretty nice. With drugstore products, you really don't get the luxury of aesthetically pleasing packaging, but with Revlon's sleek, quilted design featured on all of their Colorburst line, these lipsticks aren't an eyesore in your makeup bag.  

Swatches from left to right: Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart, Tutti Fruiti and Red Velvet.

Strawberry Shortcake

Sweet Tart

lip butter swatches
 Red Velvet

Overall, I'm very happy with these and I'd definitely purchase additional shades from the line. 

Have you tried these yet? Which are your favorites?

Price: Around $6 each, at your local drugstore.


No comments:

Post a Comment