Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Camera Chatter (recommendations?) and a couple new MAC eyeshadows added to my collection

Hey Everyone!

Happy April! I hope your week is going by smoothly - If you follow me on Twitter, a few days ago my camera spontaneously stopped working. It was a pretty decent camera, but I was having problems with it right after I purchased it. I'm almost positive it was a defective camera. Anyhow, it doesn't turn on now, so I'll be resorting to using my old camera (which seems ancient and is incredibly bulky) for the time being.

If anyone can recommend a good camera, I'm all ears. A DSLR isn't quite in my budget right now, so for the time being, I'll need a pretty good point-and-shoot camera. I've got my eyes on the Nikon Coolpix L120 or the slightly more expensive Nikon Coolpix P500. I like the fact that they have a great amount of zoom in comparison to other point-and-shoot cameras, which is great for product photos. If anyone has any experience with either model, I'd love to hear your opinion about them.

Onto makeup, shall we?

Alright, so, MAC Shadows. To de-pot or not to de-pot. That is the question. To be quite honest, it wasn't until recently I decided to depot all of my MAC eyeshadows. I always thought that maybe some day I'd regret de-potting them, so I always kept them in their little black pots. Well, keeping them in the pot is nifty and all, but I realized I wasn't getting much use out of any of my MAC shadows, and I was reaching for them less and less, and using my eyeshadow palettes more and more. Now I reach for my MAC palette almost every day and I've been getting much more use out of my shadows. It's only now that I see my shadows in palette-form that I feel like I'm missing quite a few essential colors - a couple being Woodwinked and Soba.

Have you gone the route of de-potting your MAC eyeshadows?
Yes!
No!
I can't decide. Maybe one day.

I'm sure some of you MAC fanatics won't believe I've never owned either of those colors, but it wasn't really until a year ago I started wearing eyeshadow every day. Yep! I've always been a foundation, blush, mascara and liner type of girl that only wore shadow on special occasions. Now I barely ever go without it!

 MAC Woodwinked and Soba
READ MORE!

Woodwinked (veluxe pearl) is described as a warm, antique gold. If you're a lover of brown and gold, you will love this shadow. Although it's not a very unique shade, it's a must-have color in your neutral and/or warm palette. Some of MAC shadows are a hit or miss pigmentation and texture-wise, and this particular shadow is a surefire win. It's super soft and intensely pigmented.

Soba (satin) is described as a golden brown with (barely existent) gold shimmer. I have lots of brown eyeshadow, but none that are quite as warm-yellow toned as Soba. Soba may not seem like anything special, but on my light skintone, it works as a great wash of light, golden brown across my lids. I'll just pop a darker color in my crease, add some liner, and done! Bear in mind that it's a very subtle shade, and may now show up very well on darker skintones. For those with medium-dark skintones, it can work well as a blending shade to soften the edges of a deeper brown shadow.

MAC Woodwinked and Soba Eyeshadows

Swatches of Soba and Woodwinked

What are some of your essential MAC eyeshadows? I'm itching to pick up a few more shades.

Price: $15 each, MAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment