Monday, February 13, 2012

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation Review!

chanel perfection lumiere foundation review

Chanel Perfection Lumiere is Chanel's newest foundation, which I believe launched this past September of 2011. It claims to be a long wearing and comfortable, will make your skin look fresh and flawless, yet very natural. It is said to be suitable for all skin types.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere is available in 20 shades: 
12 Beige Rose, 22 Beige Rose, 32 Beige Rose, 42 Beige Rose, 52 Beige Rose, 10 Beige, 20 Beige, 20 Beige, 40 Beige, 60 Beige, 24 Beige Ambre, 34 Beige Ambre, 44 Beige Ambre, 54 Beige Ambre, 64 Beige Ambre, 94 Ambre, 104 Ambre, 114 Ambre, 134 Ambre, 154 Ambre.

I have samples of a few different shades - some were pretty random, but the sales associate just grabbed a bunch. Both B10 and Beige Rose 12 work fine on my (no tan) MAC NC15 skintone. B20 is great for NC25, and B30 is a good NC30-35 match. **Many reviewers mentioned that they noticed oxidation (once dry, it turns darker), so definitely try a sample before purchasing. I didn't notice any oxidation with BR12, and slight oxidation with B10.
Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation Swatches
With it's long-wearing claims, I was very interested in giving this foundation a try. I picked up several samples over the past few months and I feel that I can now properly evaluate it.

The consistency of this foundation is lovely. It's very thin and lightweight (in a way, it reminds me of Vita Aqua, but slightly more condensed and less "airy"). I actually like applying this foundation with my fingers - which is a method I rarely ever use with any of my foundations, but it seems to work the best for maximum coverage. It smooths on my face with ease, without feeling thick or dry. It contains several silicones, so it smooths very nicely across my face without having to go back and forth to add additional product.

It has a fragrance to it (I know there are some people out there that despise fragrance cosmetics) I personally love products that contain fragrance, and this foundation is no exception. I only smell it upon application, but it seems to fade away within a few minutes.

It gives a very nice medium coverage that is buildable to cover blemishes and imperfections, while impressively looks very natural - like a second skin.

I love the way it looks right away, but after a few minutes it dries matte. I'm not a big fan of a matte finish, so to add a little bit of luminosity to my skin, I like to apply a moisturizer prior, and an illuminator after (such as Benefit High Beam). I don't really think it makes my skin look "radiant" like the claims, but once I add my setting powder, bronzer and blush, my skin looks pretty flawless.

I've worn this foundation completely solo and wasn't very impressed with the overall foundation or wear-time (very average with a little shine on my chin after a few hours). But, when I wore it with moisturized skin and buffed in a setting powder with a dense kabuki brush, the results were so much better. After 10 hours, my foundation is still perfectly in tact and it didn't at all become oily.

Although this is a pretty good foundation, I don't think it's something I'll be purchasing. I love almost everything about it, but I just don't like the finish. I prefer something that's a little more radiant, with a satiny finish.

This may be a foundation worth trying for you if you're looking for a lightweight, medium coverage, long wearing foundation with a matte finish.

The search will continue for me, though! :)

rimmel pink blush lipstick swatch
The lipstick I'm wearing by the way is Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in #006 Pink Blush. I've been wearing it a lot lately! It's just a really pretty bubblegum pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment