Monday, February 20, 2012

MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick Review, Photos and Swatches!

mac insanely it sheen supreme

MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick

MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick ($16) is described on the MAC website as a watermelon pink. It's a pretty accurate description. It's a vivid, reddened-fuchsia pink with very fine hot pink/purple shimmer. The shimmer is so fine that you don't feel the grit on your lips. If you were a MAC fanatic in the Fafi days (2008), you might remember a gorgeous little lipglass called Totally It, this lipstick reminds me a lot of that color.

It seems like all I have been posting about lately is bright lipstick - but I swear, I think this is the last one for a while. Maybe.

Insanely It has been on my wishlist for a while now, and I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would.

You don't hear too much about the MAC Sheen Supreme line of lipsticks, and I'm not sure why, because they are amazing formulated lipsticks.

MAC Sheen Supremes are a hybrid between a lipgloss and lipstick. They have the pigment of a lipstick, are ultra-buttery upon application and have a finish of a lipgloss. I only owned one prior (Bare Again) and I have to say they are incredibly comfortable on the lips and they keep any dryness at bay.

mac insanely it sheen supreme

Here it is swatched on my hand. With one swipe, it has sheer coverage, but you can easily build the intensity to opaque coverage.
mac insanely it swatch

Here it is on my lips. I'll try incorporating a full-face shot when doing lip swatches in the future, but I've been sick for the past week and I wasn't wearing any makeup today. 
mac insanely it swatch

And a close-up so you can see the sparkles..
mac insanely it

Are you a fan of the Sheen Supremes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment