Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Favorites!


TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer - I've been hearing a lot about this highlighter in the beauty blogging world recently, so I decided to get it, and I'm really loving it. My top three highlighers at the moment are Dior Amber Diamond (subtle glow), MAC Honey Rose (pink glow) and now this one has become a favorite. It's a pearly champgane, that's subtle, but a little more glow than Dior Amber Diamond. I'll post a full review soon.

Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation - Yes, you read that correct. It has an SPF of 50. I'm completely bummed out because this product has been discountinued. I picked it up for 50% off late January and I've been using it almost every day. Considering I exfoliate my skin on the regular, wearing an SPF is a must for me to avoid sun damage on my sensitive skin. I haven't found my favorite lotion yet, so along with my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation (SPF 20) and this powder applied on top, I have all the sun protection I need. If you can get your hands on this powder, I'd recommend trying it. It'd be great for the summer months!

Coastal Scents Camo Quad (Concealer Wheel) - I purchased this last year, and neglected it for the most part until recently. I have it in the shade "Medium" and when my skintone was in the medium range (when I was self-tanning) the colors were too light and looked ashy under my eyes. When I have no tan, this palette is perfect. It provides an awesome full coverage (similar to MAC Studio Finish) and works great for covering blemishes. It's been my favorite "go-to" concealer for the past couple of months and I've already hit pan on a couple of shades.

Coastal Scents Fan Brush Black - Before purchasing this brush, I had an ELF Studio Fan Brush, which isn't that great, but it'd get the job done for applying my highlighter. This brush is so soft, and three times as large. I love the way it feels on my face, that I've been wearing highlighter every day just so I can use it. I'm sure it'd be great for applying loose powders as well.

READ MORE!


Zara Woman Blueberry Rollerball - I picked this up recently during my checkout at Zara and I've been really enjoying using it this month. It's warm, fruity, and so yum. I always roll it on my wrists so when I'm going about my day, I can catch a quick whiff.

MAC Brun Eyeshadow - Espresso and Cork have been my two favorite brow fillers over the years, but I've recently switched to Brun, which is a little ashier and darker than the others. It seems to match my deep-dark brown hair much better.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows - I've mostly been using Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze, this month, almost completely neglecting Tough as Taupe. I wear brown eyeshadow on my eyes almost every day, so these work as great bases to keep my eyeshadow going strong all day long.

L'Oreal Infalliable Eyeshadow in Endless Pearl - I really like the look of opaque flesh-toned eyeshadow on the lids, and this one does it for me. Previously I was using MAC Brule, which I will always love, but I have to literally dig in the shadow with a sponge applicator for opaque coverage. It's a bit easier to achieve opaque coverage with Endless Pearl, so I've been reaching for it quite often and really enjoying it these past couple of months.

Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner in Dark Brown - You may remember my recent review for this liner in black where I raved about how it's my favorite drugstore liner. Well, I picked it up in Dark Brown and it's amazing. If you spot these babies on sale, give 'em a try.


MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick- A vibrant warm, summer pink. What's really not to love? I barely ever wear a soft, neutral lip anymore, and although this lipstick might look crazy and bright in the tube, when patted on the lips with a little bit of gloss, it's a beautiful pink that can be worn every day.

MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick - I posted about this lipstick recently and can't get enough of it. It's sheer with one layer, but very buildable for opaque coverage. I usually only just wear one layer, and sometimes mix in MAC Hue to create a really gorgeous pink.

Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lipsticks in Dollhouse Pink, Don't Blink Pink and Think Pink - Think Pink (very similar to MAC Creme Cup) is a shade I've had forever and it's been one of my favorites for some time now, but lately I've been reaching for it almost every day to mix in with all of my other bright pinks to tone the brightness down. I love the mixture of Dollhouse Pink or Don't Blink Pink with Think Pink. It makes them much more wearable and less in-your-face. Out of the three, I've been wearing Dollhouse Pink the most (applied sheer, with a lipgloss on top).

Chanel Bagatelle Glossier Lipgloss - I think this is probably my favorite lipgloss ever, and I'm so upset that it's limited edition! It's the perfect warm, shimmering pink that looks beautiful alone, or atop any pink lipstick. Get it while you can!

Swatches:
Swatches from left to right: Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner in Dark Brown, MAC Brun Eyeshadow, L'Oreal Endless Pearl Infallible Eyeshadow, Maybelline Bold Gold Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow, Maybelline Bad to the Bronze Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow, TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer, MAC Viva Glam Nicki, MAC Insanely It Sheen Supreme Lipstick, Wet n Wild Don't Blink Pink Megalast Matte Lipstick, Wet n Wild Dollhouse Pink Megalast Matte Lipstick, Wet n Wild Think Pink Megalast Matte Lipstick and Chanel Bagatelle Glossimer.











 What were some of your Feb favs?

No comments:

Post a Comment