Friday, February 17, 2012

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj Lipstick Review with Photos & Comparisons!

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick

When I got word that Nicki Minaj was coming out with another lipstick for MAC, I was really excited because I knew it was going to be something really bold and bright.

Ricky Martin teamed up with Nicki as well - which I thought was a pretty random collaboration from the get-go. Ricky, where have you been these past ten years?!

Anyways, when I saw the first swatches of Viva Glam Nicki early this month, I became incredibly excited and couldn't wait for it to launch. I added my name to the waiting list, and to my satisfaction, I was able to purchase Viva Glam Nicki online a day early.


Viva Glam Nicki is a bright yellow-toned pink. Finally a bright pink that isn't blue-toned, for us warm skinned ladies to wear without looking crazy!

Ricky launched a limited edition Viva Glam Lip Conditioner, which is a clear, emollient lip balm containing moisturizing oils, vitamin A & E, and my fav shea butter. It's a product that is around all year long, but the really awesome thing about this limited edition tube is that because it's "Viva Glam", every penny goes to a good cause. For more information, check out http://www.macaidsfund.org.

I only ended up purchasing Viva Glam Nicki, and I couldn't be happier with it. Even though I'm sure I'll never finish it, I'm already thinking about purchasing a back-up!

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick

To my surprise, I really don't own anything too similar.

Here are a few swatches for color comparison:
Swatches from Left to Right: MAC Viva Glam Nicki, Milani Rosehip Lipstick, Illamasqua Fable Lipstick, Illamasqua Indulge Intense Lipgloss, Wet n' Wild 'Don't Blink Pink' Mega Last Matte Lipstick and Wet n' Wild Dollhouse Pink Mega Last Matte Lipstick.

You can see that Nicki is very yellow toned and how different it looks in comparison to a cool-toned bright pink (Wet n' Wild Dollhouse Pink).

It's definitely my definition of a hot pink, and is very flattering on my light to medium, warm skintone. Depending on your coloring and undertone, this color may appear differently on you. On some skintones it can appear like a bright coral pink and some the coral may not come out at all.

On my lips, it's a pretty true, bright pink.


I'll post a FOTD with it very soon!

Did any of you pick this lipstick up? What do you think of it??

No comments:

Post a Comment